I drug my feet on the last post but I got it done. I read my new challenge this morning and groaned. Really?! But I guess the point of a challenge is to be challenged, so I suppose it is what it is.
Day 18: Post 30 Facts About Yourself
So, without further procrastinating. . .
1. I am allergic to safflower seed oil. I have never seen one, which is why I googled it and screenshot a photo. I found out about this odd allergy when after using a particular lotion, I broke out in a horrible rash so bad I needed to go and get a shot to rid myself of the discomfort.
2. I have had several encounters with wildlife that are beyond the ordinary. I’m sure this is a blog post of the future.
3. I had never been to a concert until my late twenties.
4. I am the bravest shy person you will ever meet.
5. I know more about bats than most people would care to know.
6. The majority of my teen years were spent idolizing hippies and the whole counterculture. I was enthralled with the history of it all and did as much research as I could with the limited technology that late 90s and early two thousands had.
7. I read my first Stephen King story at the age of 12.
8. I am in love with the city of San Francisco (see #6) but have never been there.
9. I have lost all of the fiction writing I did in high school, and I wish I had been less careless because I really think some of that was damn good work and with my adult knowledge could be publishable.
10. All through my childhood and my young adulthood I was a huge people pleaser. Not so much anymore, although I have found there’s a way to walk a line between people pleasing and worrying about your own happiness.
11. I never had the conscious thought, “I want to have kids.”, or “I don’t want to have kids.”
12. That being said, while I love my hooligans with every ounce of my being I have made the conscious decision to not have more and taken the necessary measures to in fact not have more.
13. I have worn the same perfume scent since I found it by accident at the age of fourteen. That’s over twenty years, folks.
14. I collect globes.
15. I also collect art by Thomas Kinkade.
16. Eucalyptus mint is my current favorite scent – I go through the ungodly priced bath and body works candles like candy.
17. I have set an official date to quit smoking.
18. Every year I take my kids back to my hometown to the county Fair. They both look forward to it, and each year they make me sand art from a vendor that has been there for as long as I can remember. It’s little traditions like this that your kids will remember. Maybe someday they’ll take their kids there – who knows.
19. I have dyed my hair so much that I really don’t know what my exact natural hair color is. All I know is that it is a lighter, duller shade of brown than what I dye it.
20. I was reading at a college level at the age of 12. Which would be why #7 happened. (Go ahead. Scroll back up to see what it was.)
21. I don’t subscribe to any particular religon. I just believe that there is a higher power.
22. If I look sunburned, I probably am not. Somehow having European roots and Mexican roots and Native American roots gave me the fabulous natural skin tone of red.
23. I now have over $700 worth of art tattooed on my back. I’ve never thought of it that way, so that’s an interesting concept.
24. I once took a baton twirling class.
25. I prefer Coke over Pepsi. As a side note, when Verners doesn’t work, a regular Coke will.
26. I have a love/hate relationship with my planner. It is absolutely 100% necessary, but I also wish I could just keep everything in my head.
27. I love to cook.
28. I have only flown on a plane one time in my life.
29. I struggle to drive on the expressway. It gives me anxiety, or what I imagine anxiety must feel like.
30. I had to Google ’30 facts to list about yourself’ to complete this post.
So now I can mark this one done. Happy Tuesday everyone!